Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

No_Arm_931 t1_iu8qtly wrote

Lol what? Have you been inside a classroom since you were in school?

I work in schools. Teachers are doing their DAMNDEST to take care of these kids and get them up to speed. Teachers need the resources necessary to help these kids. More paras, more folks trained in helping students with behavioral issues, smaller class sizes, quality supplies, etc.etc.

So much more goes into educating than simply lecturing from a book. Stay in your lane.

Edit: said “smaller classrooms”, meant smaller class sizes.

GoPikachuGo1 t1_iu8qysm wrote

All I see are teachers on their cell phones, crying "is it summer yet" and teaching absolutely irrelevant subjects to kids.

−3

No_Arm_931 t1_iu8rap4 wrote

Genuinely curious- How often are you inside of a school? Are you a student? Do you work in a school?

What subjects are you referring to that you believe are irrelevant? Can you specify?

GoPikachuGo1 t1_iu8s3p9 wrote

I was a custodian for a year until, due to the school's negligence, I was injured on the job. Fortunately I am now able to collect disability checks, which helps. I get to travel and work full time on my novel now but I digress.

Teachers appeared very lazy to me. Always on their phones, like I said always complaining, their union makes it impossible to fire them so they just clearly don't care about the job. Cameras would increase transparency and accountability. This is necessary.

−2

No_Arm_931 t1_iu8siqj wrote

Very sorry to hear about your injury, I’m glad you’re able to collect disability.

My experience in schools is clearly very different. I have not witnessed the same issue with teachers being on their phones and not caring.

How would cameras help? Who’s going to review the footage? How would this be paid for? How would an administrator know if a teacher was using their phone for personal reasons instead of school-related matters?

If anything, this money should go to extra supports for students. More school social workers. It’s difficult for a kid to learn when they’re navigating other issues that don’t get addressed due to of a lack of funding for such positions.

LazyUpvote88 t1_iud63sj wrote

That’s all you want to see. You hate education because when people are educated they are more likely to see through the lies of the Republican Party.