Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AhbabaOooMaoMao t1_ivoj8mz wrote

Delete Facebook. Only idiots are left on there.

kryonik t1_ivos6rm wrote

I only keep it so I can have an aggregate view of local events and see new beer releases and occasionally, send messages directly to local businesses if I have a question about something. I get 0% of my news from it.

kaw027 t1_ivoxhmd wrote

Personally I use it to see my neighbors fighting over stupid shit. Never disappoints

Steel_Crown t1_ivp4qio wrote

Nextdoor is a good app for that. The people from the rich part of my town go nuts on there about every little thing. I can’t get enough

kayakyakr t1_ivpci5p wrote

No one's set up the neighborhood for my street in my little town. I miss Nextdoor, it was always good to get out the popcorn

SherrickM t1_ivvyovj wrote

Walking while black and bear videos dominate my neighborhood usually.

LostSerrano t1_ivq7ev9 wrote

Dude that beer group, though. I swear, they should make a reality show about it bc the drama!

AdHistorical7107 t1_ivqn9ri wrote

Someone posted in a local Facebook page that people shouldn't put out scary decorations on Halloween night......

🤯

AhbabaOooMaoMao t1_ivpf1sj wrote

I suggest Google maps for places.

In Google search results. If you just type in local events, it will give you a quick info panel in the top of your search results with tons of local events, many of them I think indexed directly from Facebook.

heathenliberal t1_ivr3qkb wrote

Same. It's how I find out about all the cool shows and good beer.

morningwoodx420 t1_ivrptnq wrote

Yeah, I had to start using it again when I moved to CT because it just made it so much easier to find events and actually speak to people about them.

But now I'm just looking at my timeline full of people back in SC and it's both horrifying and hilarious.

AfterMoonSet t1_ivorkqm wrote

I find it's good to find out about local events and marketplace, but besides that, it's useless.

Regallybeagley t1_ivoww2t wrote

Unfortunately, it is a great platform for advertising my small business on local pages.. otherwise it would’ve been deleted long ago

AhbabaOooMaoMao t1_ivpeh6p wrote

I had thought the same thing but I'm an attorney and so my clients need to be honest and decent or else I don't want to work with them. So I had no trouble walking away from Facebook. Recently got rid of our business Twitter too.

roborob11 t1_ivowszq wrote

I did in 2016. I think you can guess why.

djfresh1 t1_ivpq44u wrote

Yup once they started coming out of the woodwork before the election even happened