Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

silasmoeckel t1_iydpzy3 wrote

If the pricing via your insurance is all the same use a local independent.

CVS/Walgreens/Stop and Shop are all great and messing things up. Local is the best I have had Costco was good.

Alarmed_Primary8089 t1_iycy31a wrote

I think it's probably more about the specific stores near you than anything else. Like how has the turnover been there? Is it all new people who dont know what they're doing? A couple bad employees can ruin the whole experience.

I work for CVS. If you choose it, please use the app to help minimize phone calls. I swear, when the phones are broken, everyone's scripts are ready. When they work, nobody's scripts are ready because we are too busy answering phone calls to try and guess and tell people when their script will be ready.

And I don't know if you get a decent amount of scripts, but there is always a line at pickup. Like 80% of the day. To me, paying the $5 for Carepass a month for free delivery is Hella worth it. (Doesn't work for controls, fridge items, Medicare/Medicaid scripts)

danhm t1_iyejebp wrote

I use Big Y's pharmacy because it almost never has a line, compared to my local CVS which is always crazy busy.

I fortunately don't have any chronic conditions and only need the occasional round of antibiotics or steroids or whatever. Nothing that costs more than like $10 -- I don't need to worry about saving money with an online pharmacy.

glacialerratical t1_iyfb4fu wrote

Grocery store, just because I'm there every week and the copay is the same.

sweetwv t1_iycxtwa wrote

My insurance doesn’t allow me to use the CVS pharmacy, so Walgreens for the pharmacy, but I do frequent CVS for other stuff.

blizzacane85 t1_iyde3b6 wrote

None of them…look online using GoodRx or Mark Cuban’s Cost Plus Pharmacy for the best deal and get your meds shipped to your door

HughWonPDL2018 t1_iydv600 wrote

Upvote for Cost Plus. It sounded too good to be true, but with Cuban’s name attached to it, my SO tried it and saved a bunch on what ended up being identical medication. I’d highly recommend it too.

One-Awareness-5818 t1_iydllt1 wrote

If you are paying cash using goodrx, grocery store is usually the cheapest but their hours are not as long as CVS. If you live by Costco, that is probably better. We use CVS because we have insurance and the price is the same for the basic stuff, so Im just in it for the drive thru and longer hours and closer to home.

bristleboar t1_iydln7w wrote

Walmart is the cheapest in my experience. Some things are cheaper there through goodRX than my insurance.

CVS the most expensive but is preferred by some insurance companies (Aetna for example)

danhm t1_iyfcnzo wrote

Gee, definitely not weird that CVS owns Aetna.

beansoupscratch t1_iyf0xnv wrote

I use Wal Mart. I have a prescription that always needs a prior authorization and they let me use GoodRx to offset that. Usually costs $23. I could go to Walgreens or CVS and the same bottle of pills by the same manufacturer will cost $70 with goodrx.

Agreeable_Mango_1288 t1_iyf20ww wrote

Our insurance has us use Express Scripts , mail shipped and good prices.