Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LawyersGunsandMoneys OP t1_j1f2qr8 wrote

So you’re saying that even if we have the ability to make housing less expensive for the average person, we should not try to do that?

Frequent_Jelly_4138 t1_j1f33uu wrote

Exactly what I’m saying. When did we become so entitled that we demand nice things for cheap? If you spent half the time you are fighting for affordable housing actually working, maybe you could afford to live in a nice place. This is America, you have to pay up for nice things. Stop complaining

LawyersGunsandMoneys OP t1_j1f3xxc wrote

Large portions of our economy are predicated on building nice things for cheap. We love Americans who make nice things cheap. Henry Ford is widely celebrated for inventing a way to build an item formerly reserved for only the rich (cars) and making it much cheaper and accessible to more people.

Most, if not all, consumer goods are much cheaper now relative to average salaries than than they were when they were introduced, because companies innovated to make nice things cheap for everyday people.

Housing costs have risen though, because the pace of construction has not kept up with demand.

Why shouldn’t we let entrepreneurs do what they do best, and make nice housing cheaper? We just need to pare back some of the excessive regulations and let Americans do what they do best.

I love America, what’s more American than letting Americans get out there and build shit?

Frequent_Jelly_4138 t1_j1fb0u0 wrote

I am literally one of those Americans building shit and explaining to you why it isn’t good for our home state yet you’re not listening bc it goes against your opinions.