Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MarthStew444 t1_j6mz5sr wrote

My 2 cents....when looking to make friends, don't immediately express all the issues you're currently dealing with in your personal life.

ccorbs89 OP t1_j6mzl99 wrote

Kind of am kind of am not. I’m just looking for someone to talk to. I feel alone right now.

MarthStew444 t1_j6mzrmj wrote

I get it. My point is, expressing how lonely you are is not going to attract friends. Good luck.

−28

bentdaisy t1_j6n84nq wrote

A bunch of people are lonely (especially because of Covid). Saying you are lonely is perfectly fine. Many of us can relate.

CatsNSquirrels t1_j6n9be1 wrote

Ignore that person OP. I’ve done this exact same thing before (same sort of post on a site like this, same feelings of embarrassment about it, etc.). I’m 42F and married but I’m happy to be a person to chat with if you need an ear. I’ve done a lot of therapy in my life and in fact have a telehealth appt with my out of state therapist on Friday.

We are new to CT and don’t have any friends here. We’re moving to Milford this weekend. Feel free to DM anytime. All of my friends live in my phone these days and they are both male and female.

stangkonia t1_j6nexcw wrote

Suppressing your feelings is not a healthy way to communicate to current or prospective friends

MarthStew444 t1_j6ng4vk wrote

No, projecting your loneliness upon strangers is fucking weird and unhealthy. Normal people strike up conversations and make friend that way. Not tell strangers I'm lonely pls be my friend.

This is not that crazy of a concept really. Stranger walks up to me and says I'm lonely and tells me their issues, I'm going the other way.

−3

jeangrey99 t1_j6nlbr3 wrote

Clearly the lesson on empathy bypassed this commenter. Ignore this, OP. Best of luck. I also echo joining your community’s local FB group. Mine posts a lot of different events and opportunities to meet like-minded folks.

madnessdanz t1_j6n9fqj wrote

This is exactly why my circle is like three people.

Fuck this mentality.

I'll take a down to earth hot mess of a friend over fake ass vanity any day.

Why have friends if you can't tell them how you feel? They..then..are not friends..

MarthStew444 t1_j6nb7lt wrote

You're arguing something different. Dude on the internet is not your "hot mess of a friend", you don't even know that person.

−5

Demofied t1_j6nyxya wrote

But we’ve had no one to blasting all this stuff off too besides our pets!