Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

XDserpa t1_j6n4ha8 wrote

Hey man, I moved up from Florida a couple of years ago and my friends are all back home. Looking to make new friends my girl and I live in New Haven, which is still probably like 25 mins from you. I enjoy craft beer, comedy, basketball, football

AndWeMay t1_j6ns2ve wrote

Replying to you since I’m in a similar sitch. I moved to New Haven about a year ago and all my friends are back home.

I’m a 31 year old dude, I also like beer, comedy, and basketball, and would be happy to get together with you two plus anyone else and just be friendly and offer a shoulder should the need arise.

XDserpa t1_j6nzmlb wrote

Let's do it, would be great to have some CT friends

ericfromct t1_j6o33mj wrote

Totally sympathize with you both, I'm from CT but left when I was 18 and came back when I was like 26. All my friends are in NJ and my best friend who was like my brother that was actually here died when I moved back. Seems like most everyone really solidifies friendships and a lot of people pick their (at least first) partner during that period, so moving alone to a totally new area far from where your from can really be a lonely experience.

BenjTheMaestro t1_j6pb5x1 wrote

I feel this. I’m a Jersey transplant from last year! Still haven’t really gone out tbh.

ericfromct t1_j6pcy9q wrote

I lived in North Jersey, Bloomfield, Montclair, West Paterson (and woodland park, I was there when they changed the name), and Paterson. I miss NJ and my friends so much. Been so hard since I moved back here

Demofied t1_j6nyso1 wrote

So much good food in that area. We need a pizza man date for redditors