Submitted by Turbulent-Ad-491 t3_10q979h in Connecticut

Gf just got an upcoming job in Hartford CT and I want to help her figure out the safest place of the city to live especially since Hartford has more crime than where we come from and I won’t be there with her for the first few months. Rent isnt an issue, safety is our numero uno priority.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jammybaker t1_j6oqkrx wrote

West End, lived on Sisson Ave and West Blvd for two years and never had an issue, walked to places on Farmington Ave every weekend. But if you're taking safety > money, look in West Hartford.

WastelandJack t1_j6ondug wrote

West Side of Hartford is nice. You have a lot going on on Farmington Avenue and on Boulevard. Not far from Elizabeth Park.

South End has some nice areas as well.

Why not look in Newington, Wethersfield, West Hartford, Windsor, South Windsor? Commutes are not long, unless you are without a vehicle.

CTdadof5 t1_j6op43k wrote

North end is the most disadvantaged part of the city. West end has a lot of very old and beautiful homes (feels more suburban in general). Downtown has a lot of newer/converted apartment buildings. South end is a mix.

theskyissooblue t1_j6pk29o wrote

Downtown Population increased 50% the last 5 years. It’s becoming a very nice place to live

Particular_Form6135 t1_j6omocr wrote

The west end is nice! I lived there for a year and enjoyed it/never felt unsafe.

(This was 3/4 years ago and I was in my late 20s)

Bathroomtrader t1_j6onhtg wrote

Apartments across from city steam brewery are nice on the corner of Pratt where that dolphins bar was.

MoeLittle t1_j6oy35o wrote

Are you saying dolphins bar like the mammal or dolphins bar like fans of the miami dolphins?

RosesAndInk t1_j6olqxh wrote

If commuting is a possibility I'd recommend that.

Dimako98 t1_j6p1oin wrote

Either the West End, or even better, West Hartford (it's a separate city).

Pancrat t1_j6oofvj wrote

One of the buildings downtown with a doorman is a good bet if you mean safety from break ins I guess. It’s a small city, less then 20 square miles if I’m not mistaken. You’re in pretty close proximity to the bad areas wherever you are

Observant_Neighbor t1_j6oorvc wrote

Hartford has many no-go neighborhoods. You can find safe housing downtown, no cheap. You will still have to deal with property crime issues there.

As other commenters have posted, west end hartford or into West Hartford proper is probably better. West end Hartford will still have random property crimes, it is a city after all. West Hartford is a better choice.

LilJoeStalin t1_j6p1u8h wrote

West Hartford, if she likes quiter towns- Avon, Simsbury, Glastonbury, Farmington are all nice

Lord_Ferd t1_j6ote67 wrote

West End of the city towards West Hartford and South End of the city bordering Wethersfield are ideal. Otherwise I would echo the suggestions of one of the neighboring towns

coney27 t1_j6p03uf wrote

Not Hartford....

Form684 t1_j6p0yiv wrote

West Hartford

Familiar-Run9793 t1_j6pjdwb wrote

West End.. make sure you’re North of Farmington Ave heading towards Asylum St and St.Francis.. stay between Farmington Ave and Asylum St, can’t stress this enough.. If you’d like to live downtown, there are many choices for apartments between Main St and Union Station, most very safe since it’s downtown and there is a police presence there

MattinglyDineen t1_j6ov7id wrote

The safest is not to live in Hartford. I'd recommend living in a different town.

danaaa405 t1_j6p460g wrote

If she needs a realtor let me know!

−4

AvogadrosMoleSauce t1_j6oqqbz wrote

I live in West Hartford, used to live in Downtown Hartford. I definitely feel less safe going about my life here. If you can find a spot in the downtown, I'd go there.

Edit: judging by the downvotes, people aren’t good at estimating safety. You’re far more likely to die commuting than you are from a random stranger.

−8

BackhandStrongAF t1_j6oyjaz wrote

this dude has it backwards ⏪⏪

AvogadrosMoleSauce t1_j6pcuyf wrote

I’m sorry my experience living in places doesn’t match preconceived notions. I feel far more likely to be struck by a vehicle where I am now than when I lived in Hartford.