Submitted by mintccicecream t3_10z0666 in Connecticut

Hey there! I was wondering if there were any med tech companies in CT aside from Medtronic that hires bioengineers. My husband is an upcoming new grad and would love to move here especially while I’m in grad school, but I can’t seem to find any similar companies that are currently hiring. Checked Alexion but they aren’t currently looking to fill positions for new grads.

If anyone has any insight, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jrock0479 t1_j80m5ja wrote

mintccicecream OP t1_j80mimt wrote

Thank you! Unfortunately most of those companies are more “pharma” but I will double check just to see if it’s been updated since I last saw it!

biopharmguy-adam t1_j9f3d71 wrote

Unfortunately there is pretty much no medical device industry to speak of in Connecticut.

We have seven medical device categories on our business list here: https://biopharmguy.com/biotech-company-directory.php On each list you can scroll to the CT companies and see the few that operate in CT. Probably a better method than browsing a big list of all the CT companies where most are not device.

mintccicecream OP t1_j9tj4m9 wrote

Thank you for sharing! I greatly appreciate it. Also, love your website! It’s super helpful. :)

glenncest t1_j810f13 wrote

Look up Biotechne, they’re based out of Wallingford. Not sure if they’re still hiring but I know they’re expanding

rewirez5940 t1_j81v6j8 wrote

Cooper surgical and Smiths Medical are in CT as well. The MDT division here is highly focused on surgery. More mechanical but the bio engineering side is growing. Otherwise recommend looking at the Yale area.