Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Kolzig33189 t1_j6sc17m wrote

What field/type of work?

hankbizzo5 t1_j6scozj wrote

Would like to think I'm versatile. Currently I'm doing chemical processing. The past i have did things from kitchen work to landscaping painting ,running machines, mechanics. Guess I said fall under the category of general labor. Unfortunately I don't have any degrees diplomas or anything like that.

Kolzig33189 t1_j6sd5ra wrote

Far removed from areas I know well, so I’m not sure I can be of much help. I will say to check and see if there is an Aldi warehouse within your area. Have a few friends who work in one and the pay starts somewhere around $21, lots of turnover so they’re constantly hiring, and (at least based on what they say) if you can actually show up to work, not be a complete moron, and not yell at supervisors you can get promoted up to a shift supervisor in about a year. Probably could have a side landscaping hustle as well?

Good luck!

[deleted] OP t1_j6sdetw wrote

[deleted]

Kolzig33189 t1_j6sdq6b wrote

Definitely keep applying there then, turnover is very high. Maybe go in person to turn in a physical app and speak with hiring manager (if you haven’t done so) because it could be something as simple as the algorithm Indeed uses auto discards your application for reason x.

bobbidoll666 t1_j6shom8 wrote

Right. Show up, shut your pie hole and fucking work. Seems rare these days and I'm personally sick and tired of being paid on the same scale as fucking losers who have no ethics, work ethics. Give me more ....by the way, I need tomorrow off

−1

FireFistMihawk t1_j6t0nuu wrote

Running machines? What kind of machines? CNC Machining gigs even for people just starting out usually start off around $20 an hour or so. With a year of experience you can easily jump up to around $3-4 an hour by switching shops. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the Windham area but I'd bet there's machine shops nearby that area lol.

hankbizzo5 t1_j6t1ou2 wrote

Never ran a cnc machine. Ran packing machines, silk screen, plotting, now running chemical processing devices, sorter and water treatment.

IndicationOver t1_j6suywf wrote

1. you are in Windham area
  2. yea no degrees or certifications etc screws you these days.
  3. wish you luck

hankbizzo5 t1_j6svqda wrote

Yeah ain't that the truth. I am auto body certified, but nope not doing that any more not healthy. Thanks

IndicationOver t1_j6t0hrc wrote

Do what you gotta do, I don't judge any man because it is real out here, especially not a man trying to provide for his child.