Submitted by Poseylady t3_113z84g in Connecticut

I've had my MM card for a couple years now and have been going to Bluepoint in Westport. I haven't been satisfied with the assistance I'm getting from them. I need a lot of guidance, I know nothing about marijuana strains and the ways to consume it that'll be helpful for me. I've spent a lot of money at Bluepoint trying various things but none of it accomplishes what I'm looking for and they aren't good at guiding me. Does anyone go to a dispensary that'll hold my hand and help me find what I need?

edit to add: Would love to know why this was downvoted. Is someone a hardcore Bluepoint fan?

If anyone has any suggestions for what I'm looking for- need help with chronic pain and calming my nervous system and brain without getting sleepy or "high."

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

omeedohmy t1_j8t7zxe wrote

as far as CT goes, none of these places really hold your hand. i go to The Botanist in Montville and it's pretty much the same. the one thing that helped me was using the CT Strain name directory some helpful citizen created. type in the strain you're looking at and it will give you the actual strain name instead of what CT uses in their dispensaries. from there, use the Leafly app to figure out if that strain is best for you.

for example Purpalex is just Grand Daddy Purp. Borealex is just Northern Lights. you get the idea.

DarkLamont t1_j8tq6pz wrote

I absolutely love that CT adds an extra layer of complexity for absolutely no reason.

Poseylady OP t1_j8u5rmj wrote

thanks for this tip! Seems like we're expected to do a lot of work on our own when it comes to MM in CT.

AustinC79 t1_j8vxyym wrote

Drive up to Maine and get your medication there. Medical patients have reciprocity in the state of Maine and the product is 10 times better for the same price…

b00basaurus t1_j8zmfny wrote

Yes it’s a whole ordeal. Check each ct strain with the street name then look up reviews for the strain. Lots of googling and yes I second dabbin dad and leafy websites

1234nameuser t1_j8t68pc wrote

Portland, Maine sounds like best option around.

Other threads last week were bemoaning the dismal state here in CT, fewer options + higher prices than just a couple months ago.

Alert-Ad687 t1_j8ubez4 wrote

Couple tips: technically illegal to cross state borders with it, but my best advice is be careful driving through New Hampshire. They do recognize out-of-state medical cards...just be careful with the quantity.

Maine has excellent products and fantastic prices. Make sure you go to medical place and not recreational. They take out-of-state cards just fine. Prices shown on the shelf include all taxes.

Edit: There’s a place in York that’s very fairly priced. Tops Farm.

stangkonia t1_j8twwl5 wrote

What exactly are you looking for? CT dispensaries don’t seem to have much cannabis knowledge. I always hated the lab coat pharmacy feel

Poseylady OP t1_j8u6bw6 wrote

I hate it too. The whole vibe at Blue Point is very overwhelming to me- loud music I have to shout over while they stand behind their counter. Was hoping it'd be a more relaxing, informative experience. I need help with chronic pain and calming my nervous system and my brain without getting sleepy or "high." I also would love something to help with overall inflammation. I feel like those are pretty standard MM needs but nothing I've tried does anything.

stangkonia t1_j8u7edy wrote

I can’t recommend anything specific but sounds like you need a higher potency for chronic pain but that will certainly lead to feeling high and even sleepy. I would recommend anything that’s a cbd 1:1 for the calming effect without much high feeling. Cbd also help with general inflammation. As does Quercetin. I take both regularly for general inflammation. Your best option may be to grow your own! I wish you the best of luck.

mdfromct t1_j8umsd7 wrote

There’s an awesome dispensary in Bristol. Medical only. If you look at the website carefully I think you’ll agree it may be just what you’re looking for.

https://www.thehealingcorner.com/

WWJPD t1_j8v8bhp wrote

These guys are very good, but their new location in Bristol is both MM and rec, but MM has their own “side” and they are happy to help you.

mdfromct t1_j8wudjg wrote

Oh, I see. The recreational side opens for sales today. It’s good they have separate sides. Thank you for the info

Poseylady OP t1_j8unenq wrote

Thank you for sharing this, I'm definitely going to give them a call!

mdfromct t1_j8uouyo wrote

You’re welcome.

I read an article about pepper cream. It kills the nerve endings and that stops the pain. Begins with a C… OTC. It’s worth a try if you haven’t tried it yet.

A lot of people aren’t familiar with this, but there is Richard Simpson oil. RSO.

It can be used topically so you don’t get high off it but it is sold at the medical dispensaries. The good ones the one in Bristol did have it. I don’t know if they have to order it.

https://blairwellness.com/how-to-use-rick-simpson-oil-rso/ If this can help you, that would be awesome. I hope you feel better :-)

Poseylady OP t1_j8xhrbj wrote

Thank you so much for this suggestion and your well wishes!

Jolly_Operation_1502 t1_j8vj4fb wrote

Whoever issued you the card should be telling you what you need, not Reddit users. That's probably the reason for the downvotes

Poseylady OP t1_j8xi5bm wrote

I was downvoted before I mentioned what I'm looking for 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ The prescribing doctor makes basic suggestions but doesn't go into detail about exact strains or consumption. I only speak with her once a year for my card renewal.

Stop_Already t1_j8x4fdf wrote

You want CBG for physical pain and cbc for nerve pain. You want CBG for inflammation. CBD for inflammation. A bit of thc for entourage effect but not so much to make you high.

I recommend a nice type 2 flower from /r/type2trees and some CBG kief from Fern Valley Farms. Maybe pick up some Unicorn Butter from Flow Gardens since it’s high in CBC if you have nerve pain.

For anxiety/depression, look for strains high in linalool, limonene, ocimene and caryphylene (spelling? Typing this on the fly so may be spelled wrong).

I have a card for ptsd and don’t really use dispensary flower anymore. It’s not great. They’re not very helpful. I’ve read a lot on my own and this is what I use.

Poseylady OP t1_j8xijiz wrote

Thanks for the tips! Definitely seems like most people are figuring it out on their own, which is helpful to know because I was starting to feel like it was a me problem. I can't imagine being a cancer patient or elderly and trying to figure it out!

Stop_Already t1_j8y9uub wrote

We have an endocannabinoid system that is unique to us. Everyone is different. What works for one person may not necessarily work for another based on their specific endocannabinoid system. It really is best to try out a bunch of things and see what works for you. These are guidelines based on expected results but really it’s very personal and I’m grateful to have found what works for me.

Extra_Mango_8547 t1_j8tax1o wrote

I recommend Theory Wellness. They have an online pre-ordering system to look and see what they have - however, that can be very overwhelming. They have walk-ins as well and you can speak with a consultant that can walk you through what would work for you and best suits you. I've brought friends that had the MM card and were frustrated with what CT had to offer and no information and felt like they left Theory with so much information that they finally understood. Theory is very knowledgeable and gives you all the information you need and always have many options.

Poseylady OP t1_j8u5ynu wrote

Thanks for the suggestion! Wish we had better options in our own state!