Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Brainchild110 t1_jda9jwk wrote

Of all the options in the world, you went for a titty lamp? Really? A titty lamp.

As an Electrician, I'm disappointed in you. All these lovely, modern, flat led panels available these days and you ignore them for a titty lamp. Humbug!

Him251 OP t1_jdadzri wrote

That was the light that was in the ceiling previously. It worked fine and I didn't want to replace it lol.

Him251 OP t1_jddmsif wrote

Anyone still seeing this, yes I didn't insulate it. Yes it's a titty lamp. Yes it's only a drop ceiling. I know all of this. This is my first and last post to this subreddit. DIY usually means it's not gonna be perfect. I'm open to suggestions but criticism on an amature just seems fucking like you have nothing better to do. I plan to insulate but the titty lamp is staying.

SosaSM t1_jddrfmb wrote

Relax man, don't crack over a titty lamp.

Shadrach_Jones t1_jdlbgsh wrote

I have those lamps in my house; i like them. That "electrician" is an asshole

Is that an old military trailer outside?

Him251 OP t1_jdp1rva wrote

Behind my house was an old business building. It was like doctors offices and I think a barber shop and some apartments. Anyway, someone bought it and have been renovating it for the past few years and that's there's.

letsgoridingyall t1_jdah6oz wrote

I like the lamp and support the reuse of a perfectly functioning light.

yashdes t1_jdb0hma wrote

You had me in the second half, not gonna lie.

bingwhip t1_jdd9qkg wrote

Build an office addon to my house last year. I LOVE my flat panel LEDs so much

myplacedk t1_jdbsq97 wrote

As a house owner, the nice flat led panels are SO much more expensive, at least where I live. No thanks.

Although I use flatter ones without nipples, just big enough to fit a standard light bulb or two.

Even when using two ZigBee bulbs, it's still way cheaper than the flat panels.

jennifer3333 t1_jdcfbo2 wrote

But you can get a 2 pack for under 20 bucks!!

−1

Madeanaccountforyou4 t1_jdcma42 wrote

From where? I've seen deals like that on Amazon that aren't UL certified so when your house burns down you're likely screwed once your insurance notices that was the cause.