Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Cucoloris t1_iqsl23d wrote

contact your insurance agent. You may be covered for a roof leak, I know my insurance would cover this.

jesta192 t1_iqsmpnq wrote

Be cautious about this step. My insurance said "not only will we not cover this, but you have (x) days to have the damage repaired and show us proof, or we're canceling your policy". We finished everything but the trim in the room that was reworked by the deadline, and they said "not good enough" and canceled the policy...

Zeddica t1_iqsnkns wrote

Name and shame? Sounds like a bullshit company to work with.

jesta192 t1_iqso9s6 wrote

Capitol Preferred out of Florida

xixi2 t1_iqtmfkt wrote

Oh - homeowners insurance in Florida is being difficult? What's new -_-

nixstyx t1_iqu06we wrote

The problem here is Florida. The state’s insurance market is forever fucked

nsa_reddit_monitor t1_iqta5xn wrote

I guess if you're concerned about insurance doing BS like what happened to u/jesta192, phrase it like it's a hypothetical. "We've been having all kinds of storms, and my friend said to watch out for roof leaks, so I was wondering what my coverage is just in case I need to make a claim"

garbageemail222 t1_iqtppgs wrote

They consider that as you having a leak. Hypotheticals hit you too.

nsa_reddit_monitor t1_iqtx9yg wrote

Wait, you mean asking what you're actually paying for gets you in trouble?

HolyCloudNinja t1_iqvkeec wrote

There's probably some very specific wording you can use to get an itemized coverage list from them, hopefully required by law, probably not though. I would imagine if you come around at renewal time, ask for a proper itemized list or you won't be renewing, they'd probably hand it over. Or at initial sign up, an agent will likely be allowed quite a lot of freedom if it means a sale.