Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

_BindersFullOfWomen_ t1_iy5it92 wrote

Yep. When I installed my Valentine1 many years ago I used the passenger airbag light as the source wire. Was right there next to the mirror and it only had power when the key was in the ignition.

FullLegalUsername t1_iy85wh8 wrote

Chiming in for anyone who might see this. Please don’t tap power from the airbag circuit. Sending power or ground, even using a test light, on the wrong wire could cause your airbags to go off. Wires in yellow/orange plugs and loom are a no no.

Source: professional installer for 20+ years.

_BindersFullOfWomen_ t1_iy86jjs wrote

It wasn’t the airbag circuit though. It was just the light that tells you whether the airbag is enabled or not. Or are you saying that’s all part of the same circuit?

FullLegalUsername t1_iy87a97 wrote

I’m only saying to stay off of the airbag circuit in general, especially for a DIYer. I’m honestly not sure how the indicator circuit would be tied into the rest of the airbag circuit without seeing a schematic of the specific car, but I wouldn’t risk it. It’s like the number one rule in install bay.

_BindersFullOfWomen_ t1_iy87m1w wrote

That’s fair. I remember when I swapped out steering wheels; I was so paranoid I waited like 6 hours after disconnecting the battery.