Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Diligent_Nature t1_j1o3cky wrote

First make sure the charger is working by charging a different phone. Leave it on the charger for 24 hours and see if it takes a charge. When batteries go below a certain voltage their protection circuit disconnects them from the load. It may only trickle charge.

> he actually revived it

I don't know what that means. Ask him to do it again and give it a full charge. The battery or phone could be bad.

Maverix00 OP t1_j1o3zhx wrote

Hello thanks for replying by "he actually revived" it i meant the phone started and the SIM card pin screen appeared

Syndicofberyl t1_j1o99hk wrote

If it won't keep a charge I'd replace the whole battery. What phone is it out of

Maverix00 OP t1_j1o9gt2 wrote

Thanks for replying it's Samsung sghzv-10 old phone from 2005

Likesdirt t1_j1oh408 wrote

Too old to have much hope. 18 years is too many.

A new budget phone will be a much better investment than trying to track down a newly manufactured battery for a phone designed to last 3 years.

There's also no service for 2G phones in most places anymore, and very limited service for the phones that replaced this one.

Syndicofberyl t1_j1ob5tv wrote

Hard to say. I'd replace the battery with a new one but it's a roll of the dice as to whether the root problem is the phone

Guygan t1_j1ol149 wrote

Your submission has been removed for one or more of the following reason(s):

• You are asking how to "get started" on a project.
  • You are asking for a review of your overall plan for a project.
  • You are asking what is the best method or approach to a project.
  • You are asking whether or not you should do a project.
  • You are asking for advice on what project you should make ("what can I make within my budget?")
  • If you have a project in mind, please do some basic research on the matter, come up with your plan, then you can ask about a specific aspect of the project.

We want you to get the help you're looking for. If you have any of these questions, some places to get help are:

• Ask your question in our Discord server in the appropriate channel.
  • You may also try other subreddits - /r/homeimprovement, /r/woodworking, /r/electronics or /r/findareddit to help you find a subreddit applicable to your question.

Please read our Full Sub Rules before resubmitting.

If you believe this was a mistake, please message the moderators.

###Do not respond to this comment - you will not receive a response.