Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

everybanana OP t1_j6ezmo3 wrote

I think it helps it filter out stuff? I'm not completely sure, but that's how it arrived and it was also on the previous one. I tried to see if I could take it off earlier, but it didn't really budge.

GrimResistance t1_j6igd73 wrote

The felt strip is meant to go on the top, it's to distribute the water evenly across the panel. You installed the panel upside-down.

https://www.diypartsusa.com/product/318518-761-bryant-carrier-humidifier-water-panel/
>The 318518-761 humidifier water panel includes an integral aluminum frame and felt wick on top for even distribution of water through the media.

everybanana OP t1_j6ihaan wrote

THANK YOU! Now that you mention it, the amazon link I posted shows it with the felt on top in the pic as well lol. I thought it was supposed to be at the bottom due to how the original filter was in it originally.

Rubix321 t1_j6f0vaz wrote

I'm betting that it's getting sitting on the drain... Looks like it has a little valley in it that should let water through from the sides, but I bet it's covering up the hole now.

If it were mine, I'd probably find something flat and plastic to prop it up a bit on either side to let the water under it better.

It's just going out into the drain, I wouldn't think it would need to be filtered at that point.

everybanana OP t1_j6f1yjd wrote

It drains into a condensate pump which then pumps it into the drain. I'm thinking the cloth is there to help prevent the pump from building up a bunch of stuff. I had the same idea about using plastic shortly after making this post. I 3d printed a 2mm thick plastic thing that clipped onto the bottom to raise it up slightly. So far it seems to be working fine.

Rubix321 t1_j6f2cid wrote

Ah okay, mine drains straight down into a drain in the floor (via gravity).

I thought about how 3d printing could help, but not everyone has access to such goods yet so I didn't mention it.

Hope it works!