Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Warsaw14 OP t1_jadkhj8 wrote

InterestingTruth7232 t1_jadku46 wrote

Sheet rock I just call it rocking.

−1

Warsaw14 OP t1_jadl3yc wrote

Ahh I see. No just the one side. Concrete is behind these walls.

nhskimaple t1_jadskd6 wrote

You really really need to not worry about this amount of variation. When you attach drywall just don’t suck the screws ultra tight at these points on the wall. Or do and mud the drywall it flush later. Depending on how you lay your sheet rock it’d would be quite tricky to shim this. Cutting and sistering the studs would be easier if you really are concerned

Low-Rent-9351 t1_jaem9nq wrote

Never leave screws loose so the drywall isn't held tight to the stud unless you like fixing screw pops later.

nhskimaple t1_jaeu6y3 wrote

Then see my part where I say do it and flush out the area with mud

InterestingTruth7232 t1_jaeaay8 wrote

Yea the Sheetrock will do a bit smoothing out inconsistencies. Especially if you go 5/8ths. Next time make sure you crown all of your studs in a wall the same direction. Modern lumber is garbage. Good practice. Like I said metal studs would work great since they are not structural and straight as an arrow. They make lvl studs too. Super straight. Very expensive. Metal is pretty easy to work with. Reduces moisture wicking in damp basements and easier to frame slab to ceiling when there is inconsistancies

Warsaw14 OP t1_jaeg4a5 wrote

I did crown them all the same way! I assume one or two studs should have been discarded considering these gaps, but I did get them all going the same way .