Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Wicked_-- OP t1_iwgtasx wrote

Negative, I took this pic Gilgit, Pakistan, not India

Prof_Explodius t1_iwh7r4y wrote

India-Pakistan politics, spicy!

As an ignorant North American I have very little knowledge of this situation and no bias one way or another. I think the answer should be based on this: If you asked someone who lives in one of the towns at the base of Rakaposhi, what country would they say they live in?

Wicked_-- OP t1_iwhs4dh wrote

Born in Naran and been to Gilgit over 10 times. Not a single person in the villages and towns near Rakaposhi will say this is India. Towns are flooded with Pakistani flags. We can sit here and argue all day long but im not gnna do that, im just here to share some pics of my trip and will be posting more of these. This will be my last comment on this topic. Thank you ❤️

[deleted] t1_iwk42sr wrote

[deleted]

ValidStatus t1_iwkgvgq wrote

>Pakistani have flooded the place with their own people.

That would be painfully obvious if it were true, since the locals looks so distinct and unique amongst Pakistani ethnic groups.

>Add to it the constant brainwashing from the state from the school education that India is going to eat Pakistan alive and non Muslims basically second calss citizens.

None of that extra effort is necessary, they just see how the people of Kashmir on the other side of the line of control have it in comparison to themselves.

And like I said to someone else, these people themselves fought of the Maharaja's forces and ceded themselves to Pakistan, they have been Pro-Pakistan right from the start.