Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

CubGeek t1_ja07czr wrote

I grew up in Yreka (but live on the other side of the continent now) and still have family in McCloud. Love seeing the occasional pic of the majestic lady!

Fargone OP t1_ja0eq0b wrote

This was taken facing McCloud. If you squint you can see the sun glinting off the McCloud river on the left side of the photo.

Smirkly t1_ja0ybz1 wrote

The drive from Yreka to Eureka, going either way, is one of my favorite rides ever.

Missanonna t1_ja2bd57 wrote

I'd like to see McCloud someday. Years ago I worked at Lookout jct where the rail line joined the B.N. It's still on my list.

Swissiziemer t1_ja0dmwv wrote

Awesome shot man, love the framing. This summer I really want to visit Shasta & Lassen.

AutoModerator t1_j9zq6re wrote

Hi Fargone! Dont worry, this message does not mean that your post is removed. This is a reminder to quickly check your post to make sure it doesnt break any of our rules. Human moderators check the following --

Thanks!

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

GenoPax t1_j9zs8oe wrote

It’s a shame more people didn’t see this, it’s an amazing shot, what time of year?

Fargone OP t1_j9zsyeo wrote

Don't jinx it, I just posted it to this sub 15 minutes ago! This was taken on July 18th, 2019.

GenoPax t1_ja076zf wrote

If you took this shot yourself then there'll be more to come and one will go viral I'm sure. Well done!

AmStupid t1_ja48gfn wrote

I came in looking for this comment, because if you are standing at that exact spot these couple weeks this picture will look very differently…

circuitman t1_ja148vk wrote

I'm planning a trip to go climb Shasta from the north side this June, cool to see it with so much perspective! Looks big!

go_kart_mozart t1_ja43f4u wrote

Such a bitch! We did it in early May 20 years ago and it was soo windy and cold and that was the only peak I ever got altitude sickness on. But so cool to have done it. I honestly dont recollect the route, but my guess was south side/avalanche gulch. I remember dragging my rope team up the whole ridge.

eluna303 t1_ja1grg5 wrote

Do they grow weed up there?

Fargone OP t1_ja1j6qq wrote

There is literally a town named Weed, California on the opposite side of the peak. So yes.

MadEyeJoker t1_ja286rq wrote

Anyone else grow up drinking Shasta cola?

glauberlima t1_ja2qwd1 wrote

Beautiful!

It’s amazing the amount of National Parks USA have.