Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Longjumping-Tie-7573 t1_jao0lg0 wrote

Define 'treatment' in a way that removes the possibility of doing *anything* to improve autism symptoms, please. We already know that dietary changes can lessen the symptoms for some, so you're already wrong on that point.

​

Frankly, medical technology is pretty much the LAST area I'd say something is going to be impossible; mate.

Mickl193 t1_janycq3 wrote

One truly impossible thing is to answer this question. there is always a horizon behind a horizon we are simply moving borders of what we define as impossible. Defining anything as such is stupid for a simple reason - we don't know everything, if you don't even know what you don't know how can you say that sth is not possible, in 50 years today's impossible may be trivial, noone is able to tell

JJKBA t1_jao0hkc wrote

Teleportation is one popular trope that I think is impossible.

o_MrBombastic_o t1_jaoeybm wrote

Its not really teleportation you're murdering someone vaporizing their body and reassembling a copy somewhere else

TheSensibleTurk t1_jao53vp wrote

I think us opining on this at this point in time would be like medieval scholars conjecturing about technology a millennia into their future.

My "headcanon" if it's an appropriate term here is that humans will eventually become post-humans and be a cat 5 civilization and we cannot even conceptualize what they might do. Who knows, maybe they'll tame time itself. Or maybe they already did and this is an ancestor simulation. Maybe if they're benevolent enough they'll even let us have an afterlife. Sky is the limit.

I mean, just think on the fact that a couple centuries ago the scientists of the day were concurring that mechanical flight was impossible or that women couldn't ride in a train without damaging their uteruses.

xcanadian t1_jaodqz7 wrote

FTL travel. No matter how you get there, warp or wormhole, you can then break causality which is not allowed. That leads to time travel or at least it's communication equivalent. It breaks my heart but it's true.

Akila_dust t1_janzdg6 wrote

The only thing that we are completely sure is that we will never know everything. Technology wise, humans don’t really know the limit of what is possible or what not, but we only know of what we are capable of right now in our advancing but limited comprehension of things

Surur t1_jao3cww wrote

Re Autism, there has been some suggestion that stimulating adult neurogenesis can improve autism.

jimihughes t1_jao3giw wrote

Bypassed medical and health technologies that are safer and more effective then those in current use in our medical system. Topics include therapeutic devices utilizing electricity, magnetism, color and sound frequencies. Rare documents concerning the Royal R. Rife Microscope; the Rife microscope was one of the world's most powerful microscopes, which was built in the 1930s; Dr. Bjorn Nordenstrom shrinking breast cancer tumors using electricity; Dinshah Ghadiali and Spectrochrome color therapy; George Lakhovsky and his Multiple Wave Oscillator; Dr. George Crile and radiogens; Dr. Harold Saxton Burr and L-Fields; Strophanthin-G; Diapulse machine that was validated by more than twenty U.S. universities to accelerate wound healing more than twice normal speed and many more subjects.

https://www.amazon.com/Nothing-Happened-But-Make-Happen/dp/0578016877/ref=sr_1_1?crid=RA1P8PXW4069&keywords=and+nothing+happened&qid=1677790087&s=books&sprefix=and+nothing+happened%2Cstripbooks%2C145&sr=1-1

TopicRepulsive7936 t1_jaojy3w wrote

We can never throw holy water on the tiny demons that cause sickness. They are just too quick and small.

Futurology-ModTeam t1_jaong59 wrote

Rule 6 - Comments that are a distraction to discussion of futurology may be removed.

mrnatural18 t1_japck2w wrote

Whether the cause is genetic or environment, there will never be a cure for stupidity. If anything, it appears that stupidity will become more common. Stupid people elect stupid people to represent them and then they all point fingers at others and call them defective and work together to assure that stupidity will survive.