Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Futurology-ModTeam t1_jdbsehf wrote

Hi, dgj212. Thanks for contributing. However, your submission was removed from /r/Futurology.

> > With the technology we have today we have seen how we can use drones to drop grenades over people's head (like in Ukraine), and I don't think I'm the only one who fears this going mainstream. I don't know about other nations, but I'm pretty sure the US and other Nations like China have resources that can be thrown at people without having to take life. I know I know, I'm being naïve here, but considering the amount of technology we have today, and the budget these giant nations have, we can probably have it so that a drone can go in and fire something like "containment foam" (worm reference-so fictional, but worth looking to making real) to incapacitate combatants. A number of weapons have been banned by the UN because it increases suffering and harm, and we now have resources that we can employ to have "clean" wars where life isn't taken or lost. If people do start employing drones with lethal armaments we can fire EMPS to deactivate them and maybe recover and recycle the drones. So I'm interested in signing a petition if it exists. > > It would probably be more costly to have "clean" wars, meaning there would be money in it, so I don't think it would be a worthless industry. > > Who knows maybe there are people working on "de-arming" militaries or non-lethal options. Hopefully we can get to a point where we can remove most guns out of circulation and have them recycled for better uses than to cause harm.

> Rule 2 - Submissions must be futurology related or future focused.

Refer to the subreddit rules, the transparency wiki, or the domain blacklist for more information.

[Message the Mods](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=/r/Futurology&subject=Question regarding the removal of this submission by /u/dgj212&message=I have a question regarding the removal of this submission if you feel this was in error.