Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Mercurionio t1_je4adx6 wrote

In combination with paywall it won't work anyway.

And you answered already for yourself.

Bard is a mystery for now, but likely, it will be the same as GPT4 and ClosedAI policy.

Rogermcfarley t1_je4aysg wrote

I don't know your location and georestrictions to this technology and Humans will always monetise technology. Whether your fears will be truly realised I don't know. We do need to seek open and honest access to this technology. The genie is released and there is no going back anyway. I'm not sure we really know how this is going to go but we can make educated guesses. We do weaponise technology so undoubtedly this will be used for both good and bad that is a side effect of technological progress.

I don't see any major issues with access to this technology currently. Then again I don't live in a country with any georestrictions and I use free access rather than any paid plans currently.

Mercurionio t1_je4clfy wrote

I'm the embodiment of what will happen.

Some will have access to it and will be able to adapt somehow. Others won't and, basically, will die. Like me.

Finally, there will be those, who control the access. Guess what they will have.

Rogermcfarley t1_je4gzn0 wrote

That's catastrophic thinking though. You are predicting something that you will make come true and the key word is you. I can't make promises for everyone but you already set your fate by your thinking. You need to be responsible for your future wherever possible. Your belief is what will ultimately hold you back or set you free.