Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jnemesh t1_ir3229z wrote

What is really horrific is how uneducated some of these comments are...when a simple google search could clue you in on exactly what the CCP has been doing to deserve such sanctions.

JebusLives42 t1_ir361kz wrote

Pray tell, what horrible atocities is the CCP doing?

Using medical technology to cure the sick?

Deploying mobile payment systems with speed and penetration that makes Americans jealous?

−3

[deleted] t1_ir3kkzn wrote

[deleted]

JebusLives42 t1_ir3tmmd wrote

Would you suggest that the country that elected Trump is a more appropriate model for how to do things?

>everything we buy from them is made by slave children

.. I suppose you're implying that America is the good guy in this equation? Looks like two very shitty guys to me.

−5

Hot-mic t1_ir39evi wrote

• Using tech for weapons development
  • Attempting to end democracies
  • Supporting an authoritarian government with a lifelong ruler
  • Using slave labor
  • Attempting usurpation of South China Sea
  • Allying itself with Russia
  • Undermining human rights globally
  • Building a surveillance state Yes, I know they're not the only ones, but they have one ruler that can't be voted out, thus they'll unlikely change for the better as they have no better half to vote in.

JebusLives42 t1_ir3gcgs wrote

>Yes, I know they're not the only ones

You can take every single point above and apply it to America, a couple of them require a simple word substitution.

• Using tech for weapons development
  • Attempting to end install democracies
  • Supporting Creating an authoritarian government with a lifelong ruler, then killing said ruler 25 years later.
  • Using slave labor
  • Attempting usurpation of South China Sea earth
  • Allying itself with Russia
  • Undermining human rights globally
  • Building a surveillance state
−1

Hot-mic t1_irgqfvo wrote

Yep, you can take every point - except voting and having a two party political system and no social credit authority. I can talk shit about my government and they can't do shit. Fuck Xi - can they they say that without repercussions?

curious_s t1_ir3i1na wrote

>Using tech for weapons development

I'd like to know how you do weapons development without technology.

​

>Attempting to end democracies

Which democracies? You mean Taiwan, Hong Kong? These are Chinese territories, The US has no say over how China runs its own country.

​

>Supporting an authoritarian government with a lifelong ruler

The US has no say over how China runs its own country.

​

>Using slave labor

Even if this is true, what has it got to do with technology? Also, slave labour, dude glass houses and stones.

​

>Attempting usurpation of South China Sea

Are these companies 'usurping' the South China Sea, which is claimed by China and many other regional nations. Are the other nations in the South China Sea conflict getting technology companies sanctioned?

​

>Allying itself with Russia

So countries are not allowed to choose allies that you disagree with? Why is that?

​

>Undermining human rights globally

What? How exactly?

​

>Building a surveillance state Yes, I know they're not the only ones, but they have one ruler that can't be voted out, thus they'll unlikely change for the better as they have no better half to vote in.

I like your proof here, it is as good as CNN with just blatant statements with nothing to back them up.

−6