Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

louieanderson t1_iwiymkr wrote

Progress studies is not real, by your standard I have a masters in progress studies. It's made up by a guy who made a lot of money from selling a website and a libertarian leaning economist. It's not even prescriptive, so what the world (allegedly) is great, there's no mechanism. Nothing is actionable and it can't be critically reviewed, it's just free market propaganda.

How can you even be an expert you work like 60-70 hours a week with a family?

tonymmorley OP t1_iwj59ko wrote

"How can you even be an expert you work like 60-70 hours a week with a family?"

I'm not an expert; I'm a passionate and well-knowledged person on the subject, with a joy for writing and communicating on progress. As I continue in the field, I'm gaining knowledge and working on what I have to say and how I want to say it. I'm slowly building out my position over these years since 2018 and looking forward to the future.

Unless you would like to change to future tone of your engagement, I might excuse myself from further dialogue. At this point, you're not really engaging in good faith, and you're pre-supposing a good deal about people and motives without regard. I don't believe you're approaching me or the subject with respect or an open mind, and looking for malice and a fight, for which I am not.

Happy to hear from you again, mate. Have a great afternoon wherever you are.