Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AREssshhhk t1_ix8fhan wrote

I don’t think I’ve ever kept a phone more than 2 years. When I’m up for an upgrade, I just go to the store and get the cheapest new iPhone for free. All I have to pay is tax/fee and I get a case and screen protector. Last time I was out of pocket less than $150 for a brand new iphone

−3

RSomnambulist t1_ix8iapv wrote

That's fair, you're being charged to stick with a higher cost (but slightly more reliable) carrier in that case. I use a Verizon network, but third party, and pay $10 a month for 1 gig of data. They do not do replacement phones, only signup phones, but I'm guessing I pay about $50 less per month than you would for my 1 gig. That works out to $1200 difference for 2 years.

Edit: My plan also requires you have Comcast internet. So, that has to also be taken into consideration, but Comcast is the only good option where I live.

AREssshhhk t1_ix8ihdi wrote

Yah I can’t do that I pay $54 a month for unlimited data but I use about 100G a month

thehourglasses t1_ixa9cc7 wrote

Ah yes the classic “what’s true for me is true for everyone else” reasoning. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Oafkelp t1_ixadurp wrote

people need to return back to the days of nokias. buy one, lasts 30+ years. FFS, no one needs touchscreens on smartphone, the screen is too tiny anyway!!!! a phone is there to make phone calls and smses. THAT'S ALL. Use a frickin' tablet pc if you want to browse stuff. SAVE THE PLANET. Stop buying multiple editions of things which are DESIGNED to fail within 2 years!!!!

thehourglasses t1_ixahdly wrote

But what about the marginally better pictures I can take???

Oafkelp t1_ixai34y wrote

i think old nokias can have cameras in them. the real focus is just on making tech last and be repairable. We really need to stop replicating redundant tech without meaningful marginal functional gain. If a tablet can do the task, then skip the function in the phone. And stop using MS and Apple. Just chocked with useless shit.

AREssshhhk t1_ixaq2sw wrote

Fuck the planet, I eat meat 5 times a day, drive everywhere, get a new phone every two years, and make a mountain of garbage every day

FloopsFooglies t1_ixf5xzq wrote

Yeah, and let's go back to using horse drawn carriages too! And messenger pigeons!