Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BeowulfsGhost t1_iy44iti wrote

I thought this had been debunked and shown to be shitty science? At 8 billion, I’d say we’re doing fine.

b16b34r t1_iy4bge0 wrote

The world could spare 7 billions of humans and mankind will be fine

Tech_Philosophy t1_iy4vm14 wrote

Ironically we may be too far into the climate crisis for this statement to be true. We are now counting on enough free hands to work to repair the damage done. Too few hands, and we venture much further into the altered climate's future.

b16b34r t1_iy5ezg4 wrote

Nature doesn’t need our hands to fight this, if suddenly there is 7 billion people less, nature will reclaim a lot of land, more trees more CO2 captured, and at the same time 80+% less pollution, sadly the best course for the planet would be drastic population reduction or even our extinction, we are the planets plague

7th_Level_of_Hell t1_iy7ddkq wrote

If 7 billion people suddenly disappeared demand pull inflation would be eradicated

crappyITkid t1_iy85inv wrote

Source? I'm pretty sure sperm count data at least in the past 20 years has been scientifically sound and that has shown an even sharper drop.

BeowulfsGhost t1_iy8aqjq wrote

I don’t have it handy, but variations of the OP have been posted several times in the last few weeks in this sub and others made that point.