Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

shanoshamanizum OP t1_j6mwf9z wrote

Can you host a website and get it indexed? Is that not free choice still compared to AI which cites only official approved sources?

Having a single source of truth has always been called dictatorship and censorship.

slimaq007 t1_j6mwu36 wrote

Read about SEO and answer yourself if you can index your website high in the ranks so easily. Most of search engines results ranked high are paid, so therefore are "officially approved sources".

Regardless of which, the term AI in this context is highly overused.

shanoshamanizum OP t1_j6mwyp2 wrote

The choice is there. I am not saying search engines are the best. All I am saying is the concept of user crowdsourced content will always be more real than an algorithm choosing from approved sources only.

slimaq007 t1_j6mxp0v wrote

AI can also be crowdsourced and managed in the same manner as search engine. Problem is bias is inherent to both of them. Webcrawler which indexes webpages for search engines with weighted algorithm giving your search engine results, and "AI" crawling web to find those resources for you (replacing natural language into query for weighted algorithm) is basically the same.

shanoshamanizum OP t1_j6mxsit wrote

Even if the index puts an article on page 100 I can still read it. With AI I have no choice.

bigUKRAINIANcock t1_j6mz3t4 wrote

Search engines hide many pages

shanoshamanizum OP t1_j6mz9yd wrote

We are comparing the concepts not the behavior of providers. Indexed content choice vs an algorithm choosing the source for you.

slimaq007 t1_j6mycww wrote

With crowdsourced open "AI" you would have too, given enough drilling from your side.

What you are trying to imply is that in search engine you see the results, whereas in "AI" you don't have presented where it found that information. So those should be presented in "AI" and the problem will be solved.

The point is, you already don't have that choice, there are pages which are indexed so low, you not gonna find them.

shanoshamanizum OP t1_j6myliy wrote

That's still choice and I use it.

slimaq007 t1_j6n0083 wrote

And you can have this choice with "AI", just write one with open and transparent dataset.

shanoshamanizum OP t1_j6n0l9f wrote

This doesn't defeat the problem with something making a decision on my behalf.

slimaq007 t1_j6n11wp wrote

Chatbot with set of answer generators won't do it on your behalf.

shanoshamanizum OP t1_j6n15a3 wrote

How to explain it better. I don't need answer generators. I want raw content I can analyze myself.

slimaq007 t1_j6n1hli wrote

Then use search engine and believe in misconception of those results being unbiased and possible to find

shanoshamanizum OP t1_j6n1mdx wrote

I don't need to believe anything else but the concept. Everything else is fixable and new providers are solving this.