Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

clinicalpsycho t1_jbigo08 wrote

I like it, two refutations.

1. Institutions have money, which means power. They are limited in that they are only composed of humans.
  2. Have you ever felt the feeling you get, when you try to talk with all of your neighbors at least once, only to realize that you do not feel like a peer to them? As in, your opinions or abilities are drastically different to them? THAT, is loneliness. To be among people yet incompatible with them.

TheFunnyShah t1_jbiksti wrote

>>THAT, is loneliness. To be among people yet incompatible with them.

My refutation. I believe that there's a common thread that unites most if not all people, be it music, food, sports, etc. Finding it is hard, but that is the key to attaining compatibility

Cynical_Manatee t1_jbit3pn wrote

Or you are just looking in the wrong places. The people closest to you by proximity might not be the people closest to you as a friend. I know I have met more people online whom are all over the word that are better friends than anyone I have met irl.

clinicalpsycho t1_jbj9d9o wrote

Indeed, but that's still a lonely experience.

nlikelyReaction t1_jbjv7e5 wrote

That's subjective, those online friends can be enough for some lol it's not like they can't ever meet up

nlikelyReaction t1_jbjv7xk wrote

That's subjective, those online friends can be enough for some lol it's not like they can't ever meet up

DBProxy t1_jbkgtvv wrote

My 2 closest friends, who I’ve known for 15 years, 1 lives in a different state, and the other lives in another country. We’ll likely never meet, but I don’t think I’d trade them for anyone else.

nlikelyReaction t1_jbme9u2 wrote

Yeah that's my point regardless the option is possible if you guys really want to and have the time to lol it's not like there won't ever be a small window to take the chance its just up to the people involved

I also understand the need for a more physically close relationship so yeah but not everyone operates on that level so that's why I said it's enough for some

ThisOnePlaysTooMuch t1_jbmex6o wrote

This. I don’t agree with some of my coworkers on broader issues, but we function by laughing about other things.