Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LetterZee t1_j1wtu7p wrote

Reply to comment by SpaceLemming in [image] by _Cautious_Memory

I don't disagree with you that that is a big problem and one that wouldn't be fixed by mindset. All I'm saying is that there are a lot of problems thag do have a mindset component. Not diminishing what you've gone through, bur you have to meet people where they are.

For example, I'm doing alright in life but I've been miserable for decades because I could not get my intrusive thoughts under control. A big part of that for me required mental work. That'd all I'm saying.

SpaceLemming t1_j1wv26r wrote

I also suffer from depression. It’s not a choice or a state of mind, it’s just how my brain functions.

LetterZee t1_j1wv7bw wrote

Well I wish you the best. Sorry things are so tough.

greentr33s t1_j1wxsco wrote

You can still try and be mindful about the feelings even when you can't control them, you can identify where they come from and if they are irrational with practice. Nothing is going to be a one stop solution and that's basically the premise of the quote even if said with terrible wording. I have ADHD and depression so I get where you are coming from but it doesn't detract from the lesson or what learning mindfulness can aid with. When you got into your crash I am sure your world was flipped and any of those feelings you had intensified, but it's important to note why and where those feelings are coming from if you want to move to a point of equilibrium. The feelings may never disappear but the levels at which you give them control over yourself can be managed so you can enjoy life faults and all. I implore you to look into mindfulness as someone who suffers from a couple different mental illnesses I can't recommend it enough as a means to become comfortable with your self. I hope this helps, and remember you got this shit. You been through a lot and still kicking so I'm fucking proud of you!