Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

heatonice t1_j4f5em1 wrote

2 years of relationship he spat on me: We belong to different cultures in India and we had countless conversations regarding how to give our best shot to convince our parents about us. I trusted him and he promised me he will make sure his parents will accept me and say yes since he claimed his love for me was true. Jan 1st - this is what he conveyed to me on the call: he had just a conversation with his parents saying he has a girl (me) in mind from a different culture, parents being parents at first said no. According to our discussion we knew that would happen and he said he’ll keep trying. But who knew THAT WAS THE END OF OUR RELATIONSHIP! He didn’t try harder and never bothered to convince and instead told me we are not a right fit for each other via text( an excuse) and broke up. Is it really true love if your not willing to give your best or even put effort as big as a mustard seed to your parents about marrying the girl you truly love? Is it right to just break up with her without giving proper reason? Is it right to break her heart by lying and giving dumb reasons to blame her and show she’s at fault ? Just so that it’s easy to push her away like she’s some dirt stuck on your shoes..or because he can’t face the guilt. Is it worth begging him, crying for him and also admitted myself in the hospital due to weakness and depression . My love was pure and genuine but I guess he faked it like an Oscar winning actor. I just want to know from a guy’s perspective or from everyone’s. Do guys go to such extent by taking care, buying her gifts , taking out on dinners and shed a tear when I left on a vacation. He just wanted to have some company till he marries the one selected by his parents? My friends say it was all an act and I just overlooked the red flags as I was blinded by love. All I did was sacrifice and adjusted to make him feel happy and make sure he’s parents will see that. I tried to learn his culture , Punjabi language, kept him happy mentally and physically, shared so many laughters , travelled in North America with him, took care of each other, changed my likings to what he likes. I can’t imagine how someone can’t just forget that and give up on something so delicate and pure. Oh yes, the amount of happiness and joy compare to the fights we had was 8:2 (even though he knows that, but now he won’t accept it). We were the happiest with each other. But I guess that’s not enough in todays world. True love is unappreciated! PS: I’m moving out from Canada as every diner or places in Mississauga and Brampton reminds me of him. My heart throbs with pain and betrayal! Or maybe I was dumb and naive to believe in him

TreeB7 OP t1_j4hg069 wrote

I am sorry for what you went through, but do not blame yourself, he is the one who lost you and not the other way around, sometimes people get lost in their emotions and get pressured by norms, family and society, other times you might have been dealing with a narcissist but what you need to know is that you need to move on, forgive and forget, if he is not willing to sacrifice for you than he was not the right guy for you in the first place, true live is about respect and sacrifice, if those 2 factors are not there than it wasn't love, it was just a bunch of feelings accumulated, stop blaming yourself and learn from this experience, one day you will find the right person for you, it is a good idea to stay away from places that remind you of him in order to heal and rebuild, but true healing starts from within, start by forgiving him for what he did and most importantly forgive yourself for trusting him, and start rebuilding and loving yourself again, pamper yourself, you deserve it. Good luck and do not forget to know your worth and not to hold grudges because it will destroy you emotionally, forgive in order to help yourself and for your sake. Take care