Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

RICKSPEAKS t1_j4r0nd3 wrote

I agree we always need to keep moving forward we may be just on step short of our success and if we don't move forward we will never attain it!

JustInTheNow t1_j4se8ug wrote

It’s my birthday today, and it’s been rough on top of having a cold, I kinda needed this message today.

13900_lP_wasted t1_j4tggzu wrote

I was just making dinner, dim lights, listening to my favorite tunes...

All of the sudden I stopped, looked around and thought to myself: All of this, inside this house, all I've helped gather. Slowly looked around, aknowledging everything my mom and I own. I tapped my back and got watery eyes. Im fucking proud of myself.

​

Context: My mom doesn't have a retirement plan, she has always been a housewive. My dad and her split appart 7 years ago.

5 years ago, my dad stopped giving her money. I had to step in and take care of her and the house.

We live in an experive area, we've both managed to work to sustain the house and get the stuff we need. We don't have a car, so things can always be better, but I'm grateful for pushing through the shit we've lived.

A couple of days ago, my dad and mom came to an agreement, she got het share of the heritage and we can finaly breath in peace knowing we don't have to worry about montly expenses as much.

Cheers to 2023, to recovering my life back, to growth and fuck all the dickhead dads that let their family suffer through this shit.

Prollly_mad t1_j4r58ho wrote

Thank you for the tuesday reminder I thought it was Monday and I have an important appointment today!

sylsau t1_j4uznbf wrote

The great thing is that this reminder can be applied to every day of the week. No matter what you have accomplished so far, you must never give up. The best is yet to come.

Desperate_Educator60 t1_j4t2jom wrote

Birthday just in the now by the way I’m need all this good stuff before I had an account with Reddit I would just look at nasty stuff you know and it was depressing it got so bad that I got caught up in some stuff man but now I’m just in this motivational post that’s all I watch oh look at and thanks for this app you know for this is nice post mate I really need it what’s the common playing of killing myself you know

Fortunately we’re in a world where nobody cares no more just about themselves I just gotta remember where I came from when I get out of this and I’ll go back to this stage in my life ever again so I haven’t ever been this bad ever you know I’m barely hanging onto a thread you know I love let downs a lot of expectations I guess you would say out of people when I know damn well that you’re not gonna help me when you’re down nobody helps you when you’re down that’s the sad thing is the love ones don’t help you you have to help yourself

sonoveloce t1_j4tsdr8 wrote

This might be cheesy but fuck... I really needed to see this. Thank you.

DeannaZone t1_j4uajf3 wrote

"The nightmares are not real"

TzGillam t1_j4ux518 wrote

I don't know how much further i can keep going. Everything keeps getting not expensive, and nobody is paying a living wage. I can barely afford to pay all my bills and feed my cat. I have to skip meals now to afford my health insurance. That thing that won't help me if i actually end up needing it. I'm struggling to find any better ways to make money, all while having to pay more for less. I genuinely can't afford to fucking live anymore.