Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

elpinche_wayas t1_j5qad61 wrote

I was like that for the past 10 years, just in auto pilot. I was 36, no school, no kids and I had an ok job. I dated people here and there but single for the last decade. I was just numb to life, pretending I was enjoying it. What helped me the most was change. Change doesn't happen without trying and what I mean with change is work on yourself, better yourself! Right now, in less than 2 years I was able to switch my life. I have a girlfriend that I love more than anything, a job that pays good and I like, the best friends I can ask for and all of them make me feel great about myself. What helped me the most was finding a good group of friends, working out and psychedelics(lucy and shroomies). Psychedelics helped me get a different perspective in my life and understand that you are the solution in your life, not a victim, also helped me take responsibility on my own life and understand that everyone is winging it, everyone is also trying to figure out life! You are allowed to be YOU and fight for yourself. Working out gave me the discipline I needed in life. Also, people treat you better and respect you more. Men respect you more and women like you more, lol. Friends made me feel that I'm ok, I'm not weird or an outsider and gave me that security that working out did as well. You do better when you surround yourself with good people. Just make sure you have positive friends, people who are also working on themselves and trying to be better. And stay positive!

svedge_weed OP t1_j5qcn13 wrote

Thanks for this. Actually an LSD trip i had on September is what made me realize I was in this condition of numbness. I'll try working out or finding a sport i like because i think it makes you feel better in both body and mind. And yeah I recently started to open up more and more to friends and my friendships are improving, like i feel more connected to them.

elpinche_wayas t1_j5qdoh2 wrote

Dude! Your body plays a big part in being happier, from having more energy and being more capable of doing more but also it improves the chemistry in your body. But that numbness is the worst! It made me feel broken and guilty from trying to be better or enjoying my life or not feeling wanted.