Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

humvee911 t1_jads974 wrote

I wish there was a true answer to the hedonism vs discipline debate.

LotsofFiber t1_jaduwc4 wrote

I’m hoping this is true bc I feel horrible lately

matthewmimmack t1_jae1v2p wrote

Not all negatives started out feeling negative, in the beginning.

The_Sloth_Rogue t1_jae250x wrote

Are there more subs like this? My life's a spiralling hell and staying positive feels like the hardest thing to do nowadays especially with all the shit being forced to me from news and other sources I don't even seek out. Sometimes things said here help a little

Thinking_Thoughts_ t1_jaeez3j wrote

I think practically everyone should remind themselves of this one every day. Thanks for posting it 😃

2cool_4school t1_jaegk2e wrote

In fact, change is always difficult or weird in the beginning. If it was natural, you wouldn’t need a change.

Competitive-Pop6530 t1_jaeuz2z wrote

I am not positive this is positive advice. But I’m positive this is positively the beginning of my non-positive thinking.

drudru91soufendluv t1_jaf09t2 wrote

Seeking an instant positive feeling/gratification has ALWAYS backfired for me; its always been an illusion from the surface lvl allure.

didnt matter if it was a job, relationships, school, personal goals...if it was shiny and new and instantly appealing (or the idea of it was), it was always destined to fail for me. it set my expectations for whatever to ALWAYS give me that 'hit' of relief like a drug, and from there i was always let down, or driven mad to try and sustain that source.

theres nowhere to go but downwards from those high peaks if its where you start off.

there are things worthwhile in the world that don't hit a homerun on the first swing.