Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

voteearlyday OP t1_iu594yl wrote

SEC. TOULOUSE OLIVER: First of all, every American, no matter their race, ethnicity, or physical residence, should have more difficulty than another accessing the ballot. That's why here in NM, I created the Native American Voting taskforce, with representatives who are affiliated with all 23 federally-recognized tribes here in my state, as well as an Urban Native representative. We are looking at issues of: 1) Access: many native folks living on tribal land have to travel farther to vote in person and often do not receive voting (or any) mail at their residence; 2) Digital Divide: many rural, tribal areas do not have access to broadband internet and this keeps us from being able to provide in-person voting services in these places; 3) Language and culturally-appropriate voter information: My office and other election officials are working to provide more and better information about how, where, and when to cast a ballot, including WHAT is on the ballot to folks who speak the 12 different tribal languages in my state. We have much more work to do, but these are the areas where we are currently focusing our efforts!

SumoSizeIt t1_iu5e2wz wrote

> every American, no matter their race, ethnicity, or physical residence, should have more difficulty than another accessing the ballot

I think you a word