Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

eb_bartels OP t1_iunkkex wrote

Like I said above, I tried really hard not to let myself thing "wtf" about anything because I wanted to be open to any and all pet death rituals. My feeling very strongly is that everyone needs to do what is right for them and as long as they're not hurting themselves or anyone else, it's an okay way to grieve. But some of the more unusual ones for sure besides cloning (see my other reply for more on that) were probably the taxidermy/preservation options, like preserving a pet's ear or tail so you can still pet their fur when you miss them, or having the whole skeleton preserved and reassembled. One woman I interviewed had her Boston Terrier taxidermied in full and keeps in him a glass case like a side table next to her couch.

ecuintras t1_iupp4vc wrote

Ooh! My wife and I donated our polydactyl cat to a bone/skeleton museum where they articulated her and put her on display! We can hop to the next city over and see her (almost) whenever we want!

eb_bartels OP t1_iur5e0x wrote

That is so cool!! I will have to tell my friend with a polydactyl cat about this as an option! Thank you for sharing!