Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

m703324 t1_iwjs0ip wrote

I'd love clear indication whether some of them are free or free to try

AppropriateHamster t1_iwk8fwp wrote

Yes, I'm working on this. Should be live by tomorrow.

AppropriateHamster t1_iwkn0w4 wrote

Done. Added this for most of the tools. Gonna add for the rest soon too.

lolweakbro t1_iwnhztv wrote

[deleted]

AppropriateHamster t1_iwnkc12 wrote

If you use the search bar and search for 'free', you should only see free products. Let me know if it doesn't work.
PS: some freemium products might show up but that's because there's "free" in the description of the product. I need to update the descriptions manually for this and that'll take some time

nacnud_uk t1_iwkyniq wrote

The world you move in, is one that is opaque to me. I'll need to level up. Thanks for creating your repo; I'm sure.

andrewmyles t1_iwkt5ol wrote

yeah, this shit needs better tagging. For example,. I'm trying Public Prompts, which is tagged as "free" and "open source", but it fucking wants some credits from Dalle or whatever. this shit should not bear the name "open source"

−46

andrewmyles t1_iwks2sy wrote

Fucking this. Also, add clear indicator of you need an account. for some stupid reason, this all needs fucking discord or google. why? I shpould just be able to put words in a text window.

also, tf is "freemium"? Either you have to pay for it or not. Not to mention this shit is supposed to be free anyways.

also, ditch the fucking blurry shit that nags me to subscribe to your newsletter. have you learned nothing? ffs

−97

ReyxDD t1_iwkvjzg wrote

You're the problem. Why would people make shit free anymore when all they're met with is ungrateful whining. The dude has been constantly replying and applying changes to the website as we speak. It's obviously still a work in progress, there's ways to give constructive critism without being a massive fucking entitled asshole about it holy shit.

supersecretaqua t1_iwkvbyi wrote

This is the natural evolution of the angry dad yelling at the weather report, the toaster, the traffic...

Somehow the evolution is much worse and far less potential value

ghf2793 t1_iwn2zbe wrote

Please get someone to talk to. You seem angry and demanding.this can't be healthy for you.

AppropriateHamster t1_iwko783 wrote

Hey I added this feature. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks :)

NewChallengers_ t1_iwkw1nz wrote

Would be great if we could sort by this. I'd like to see all the results that are open source, for example

AppropriateHamster t1_iwlfxm8 wrote

Yes, you can just use the search bar for this. I'll make the UI/UX more clear in coming days

NewChallengers_ t1_iwlgn42 wrote

Oh ok thanks yeah I tried clicking the (xOpenSource) tag button to see all in that category. Didn't think to type it into the search bar since it's /a term/ , not a company. Making those tags clickable would be an intuitive UI step

Edit: removed a not where I didn't mean to put one

AppropriateHamster t1_iwmd6ua wrote

Also added an unintrusive weekly newsletter signup. Rn we are only supporting google login but will be adding email login by the end of this week.
Please sign up for it to stay updated on new tools added to the site.