Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SaifKhayoon OP t1_j6dfnuz wrote

The title is a bit inaccurate beside simplifying the whole of the field to just "statistics" I grouped in AI with Machine learning, when AI is actually a humongous field encompassing things from video game enemies to roombas, machine learning learning is a field within AI and deep learning which is the most impressive is a subfield of that

knockonformica t1_j6ejgn0 wrote

This is absolutely incredible! It's a great visualization for statistics and probability. I'm always reading academic medical studies & having a stats refresher like this is so helpful. I know a bunch of colleagues would benefit from seeing the concepts portrayed visually.

I am going to share this with any students I have. Thanks again!!

canttouchmypingas t1_j6ey1q8 wrote

Thanks for the follow up comment I was about to rage about the statistics thing

SpinCharm t1_j6fnxwn wrote

Interesting but doesn’t really start to draw a line between machine learning and AI. It lays a foundation of understanding of statistics, but stops before it relates them to the broader concepts of machine learning, ie How are these statistical forms used within machine learning?

leaflavaplanetmoss t1_j6hw5mf wrote

This has been around for a couple of years, it's not meant to be a primer for AI/ML; it's a visual introduction to statistics and probability. OP just couched it in terms of AI/ML because statistics and probability form the basis of many AI/ML models, like classification (which is really just logistic regression), so understanding statistics is an important foundation for AI/ML study.

cdgleber t1_j6deucn wrote

Holy wow this is good

pixeladrift t1_j6foxrz wrote

It’s really just artificial intelligence in abbreviation.

ZennyRL t1_j6eehw2 wrote

Certainly sounded easier than it is, most of these terms even in the first chapter go way over my head

rbcornhole t1_j6g2m2p wrote

Don't feel bad, the title is wildly over simplifying it.

dutch665 t1_j6g17yi wrote

This is where I started

ThatCook2 t1_j6miwhi wrote

This is well made!

Leonos t1_j6fs79e wrote

>> You may wish to use the visualization to verify some of the following set identities.

404 Not Found

SaifKhayoon OP t1_j6g4dg3 wrote

Here's a list of example sets to try:

>A ∪ B

A union B combines both circles

>A' = {1, 2, 3} complement

Demonstrates complement of a set (A' = {all elements not in A})

>(A ∪ B)' = complement of union of A and B

De Morgan's law for complement of union and intersection

>A ∩ B = ∅

Demonstrates disjoint sets (sets with no common elements)

>A ∪ B = U

Together make up the universal set

Yourbubblestink t1_j6fyta7 wrote

The sad news kids. Chat GPT can already do all this shit faster than you.

−5