Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

rylettroad t1_isec4fx wrote

But it’s just poking fun at the wordplay around the word Christian isn’t it? It might be related to being trans, but it’s not offensive because it’s not being negative towards trans folk.

If the joke had ended with OP’s character leaving as a result of the reveal, then I could see the offence. But OP’s character could just as well be like ‘haha that was a good one! So how are you?’.

misterphuzz t1_isimdgd wrote

And even if the joke had ended with the character leaving as a result of the reveal, that should not be considered an offense because everybody is allowed to have their own personal preferences, right? Or is that not correct these days?

rylettroad t1_isjbtc8 wrote

Well I think it would’ve been offensive since it’s being posted to r/joke, and the punchline being that the person revealed they were trans and the person left isn’t much of a joke.

But you’re right in that in real life, people have their own preferences when it comes to attraction, and that’s ok. 🙂 I would, however, say that if OP’s character was already attracted to Christian/Christine, and only became un-attracted once they found out they were trans, I think OP could ask themselves why that is if they wanted to get to know themselves better.