Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

_kellythomas_ t1_jczwqmb wrote

>Use the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break and focus your eyes on something at least 20 feet away.

https://opto.ca/eye-health-library/20-20-20-rule

I used to have an app on my work PC that popped up a reminder if it detected 20 minutes of continuous keyboard/mouse activity. I can't remember the name now but if anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them.

portuga1 t1_jczzloo wrote

Not familiar with that rule, care to enlighten me? I’m guessing 20min working, 20 sipping coffee, another 20 pretending to work? Wait let me forward this to my boss

keepthetips t1_jczvl4p wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

boomeroni123 t1_jd06rcq wrote

I've realized that staying hydrated fixes most of these problems because you're forced to get up and move and go pee pretty often

LifeProTips-ModTeam t1_jd0y7dm wrote

Hello, 26542654. Thank you for your submission! Unfortunately, it has been removed for the following reason(s):

• Do not submit tips that are based on spurious, unsubstantiated, or anecdotal claims.

If you would like to appeal this decision, please feel free to contact the moderators here. Do not repost without explicit permission from the moderators. Make sure you read the rules before submitting. Thank you!

xplnLkImFkdInThHead t1_jd01yua wrote

You want me to put a reminder in my calendar every 20 minutes for the work day? What do you do for work? Sounds like fucking nothing. This is fucking ridiculous.

−2