Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

tvieno t1_jd683ip wrote

My spam blocker Robokiller has stopped all of the spam calls to my phone.

PoundRoutine2503 OP t1_jd690v3 wrote

Do you know if it detects/stops spoofs?

tvieno t1_jd6dqbd wrote

I don't know the magic of how it works. All i know is that my phone is silent.

blondechinesehair t1_jd6erfu wrote

I just don’t pick up numbers I don’t want to talk to. It’s gotten rid of spam calls, employers, my brother, Clarke, pretty much everyone.

RaccoonDu t1_jd6f90r wrote

I rarely get any on my pixel. I have spam callers block enabled, I don't see the blocking so idk if I'm just not getting any, or if it blocks them behind the scenes.

Every now and then, one gets through. I use call screening, and when they hear my assistant asked them what's up, they hang up

Bitter-Heat-8767 t1_jd6h1u2 wrote

Don’t answer the phone if you don’t know who’s calling. Once they know there is a live person behind that number they will sell that number to other companies. Doesn’t matter what act you put on, what’s important is that they know there’s a live person. Don’t answer the phone.

Old_Exit1246 t1_jd6gepc wrote

Idk, my iPhone is scary smart and will have a pop up under numbers I don’t know. It’ll say something like “Potential Spam” or “Possibly Julie Andrews” or whatever. With the newest iOS, very few spam calls get thru and are usually cut off by the third ring by iOS itself…and I’ve had this number for nine years (give or take).

keepthetips t1_jd65jmg wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

kenfromboston t1_jd6cv35 wrote

I lie and tell them I'm only 44 years old. That ends the call right there.

PoundRoutine2503 OP t1_jd6eze9 wrote

I've told them I'm 90. I've told them I'm 16. I've told "Leslie" she has a sexy voice and I wonder what she's wearing. Nothing stops it. I had a glimmer of hope once when I made it to the second tier of scammers and the boss cut in to say "don't talk to this guy, he's a scam". That was satisfying but it didn't stop.

MrKahnberg t1_jd6jpud wrote

Turn 65. Worked like a charm !

Late-Jicama5012 t1_jd6rtpj wrote

I used to get a lot of texts from same woman but different number.

One day i was bored and told her to fuck off. Person started an argument with me and told me she would send me 100 texts while I’m a sleep. Two minutes later I got texts from 5 different phone numbers.

I sent 3 random pics of gay dudes fucking and blowing each other to every text I received.

It has been over two weeks and I haven’t received a single text from her, who was pretending not knowing my name but has my phone number.

When I get a scam call, which is rare. I answer it and clearly state out lout: “speak the fuck up, what do you want?” 100% of the time they hang up.

Vali32 t1_jd76kgh wrote

I tell scammers in general "Could you wait a minute please?" and put the phone down. They are normally gone when I look next, and after a few such they stop calling.

PoundRoutine2503 OP t1_jdaj4c0 wrote

Tried that. Also acted super interested a couple of times to waste as much of their time as possible. Asked them to take me off the list. Registered for federal do not call. Told them I don't speak English. Acted like a total perv. Explained to them that I don't qualify for Medicaid. No luck. The only thing that has sort of worked is downloading my carriers app to block obvious solicitor numbers. Doesn't do anything for spoofed numbers though.

SkinnyExpert253 t1_jdcr07c wrote

U actually have time to answer and then proceed to play on the phone wit em. That’s Wild

o_Divine_o t1_jd679il wrote

Just change your number. That many calls means you're number is in every database.

Don't reveal your information to any site. All social sites on their own email, billing on another, credit cards another, phone should never be given unless it's a major corporation and there's no other option (like with credit cards). Social should never be given your number, for any reason.

emmacoudertzk t1_jd67y34 wrote

Ah, the ol' 'burn down the house because of a spider' approach to telemarketers.

o_Divine_o t1_jd6akjp wrote

20 a day, that # is on every cheap list you'll find. Burn down the house and houses around you.