Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

keepthetips t1_jd1qr3t wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

InformalPenguinz t1_jd1qw7e wrote

Look in to Moissanite! Better and cheaper than diamond. Don't spend a shit load.

K1LLINGMACHINE t1_jd1t1l2 wrote

Great idea and exactly what i did. Lab grown diamonds are more sustainable and ethically sourced, too 🌎

Vagsticles t1_jd2bwsq wrote

I got an opal engagement ring, it's beautiful and I like it so much more than the diamond rings I looked at. It was 500 bucks. So another way to save is to go against tradition.

MonsieurReynard t1_jd2dcf8 wrote

The history of how the diamond industry invented the "tradition" of diamonds as wedding and engagement rings in the 20th century is a fascinating example of a con.

schorschico t1_jd2f8sg wrote

Save even more money by skipping the engagement ring all together.

Fresh_Pomelo8842 t1_jd2fwia wrote

OR don't buy one. don't get married. nothing good will come of it.

polar_rabbit t1_jd2l8ed wrote

I have a problem with taking advantage of a store in that way. It’s like folks that go to a shoe store to try shoes on and figure out their size and then buy the same shoe online. I find it shameless personally.

Quinquilharia t1_jd2ljv8 wrote

We got rings made of silver. The total cost was about $14. The rest of the ring money went to the house down payment, we’ve never regretted it.