Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PrisonerV t1_iueerzu wrote

When you go to put on your shoes... know that there is a left and a right footed shoe.

ninpho2246 t1_iue0kl6 wrote

But not aware of the pump and what you are actively doing.

kennyquast t1_iue0l2c wrote

A lot of places (at least near me) have this lock removed they’re a very few places that have it

ErrantJune t1_iue3osq wrote

They’re actually illegal in my state I think.

ShanghaiNick t1_iue3m3g wrote

There are many places around the US, particularly in areas near boaters that have the handle lock removed to prevent over fills.

I think that Hawaii doesn't have the lock on any pump handles. And certainly I know that Maui doesn't.

redd-whaat t1_iue5hkg wrote

In my area of the country, if the lock happens to be removed, it's common to shove your gas cap in the handle to hold it on instead. The auto-shutoff function still works (until it doesn't).

keepthetips t1_iue02h2 wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

Environmental-Sock52 t1_iue1or1 wrote

Every place I put gas in so cal has the lock working thankfully.

ReporterInside4218 t1_iugk01g wrote

Which they had this for electric cars, now we have to stand there squeezing the level for the electricity to flow

MinorIrritant t1_iue1vdk wrote

Not relevant in places where you don't pump your own gas. Which is most of the civilized world. And New Jersey.

−4