Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

johnsontheotter t1_iuboe9i wrote

Fuck I wish that the person I called my best friend did that. One day they ghosted me. Never talked to me again. I still miss hanging out with them and it was 3 years ago. Found out through a mutual party that they said I was too sad. I was going through a lot and I thought I had a friend to turn to turns out they thought it was better to never talk to me again than tell me what I was doing.

Coyoteclaw11 t1_iubvpb4 wrote

Yeah... it really sucks when you misjudge your friend's boundaries and lose them as a result. I wish people wouldn't be afraid of setting clear boundaries. It's really hard to depend on people when you have a history of crossing boundaries no one told you about until they got sick of it and just left.

I get that it's kind of scary and that people don't want to be mean or rude or whatever but establishing boundaries isn't a bad thing. No one who genuinely cares about you and wants to be your friend wants to push you past your limits and make you suffer in silence. I don't want my friends to have to put up with me until they can't handle it anymore. But I also don't want to be afraid to talk to them.

johnsontheotter t1_iuc0xlf wrote

I try and tell myself I'm better off but I miss them from time to time. I learned from it and I think I'm a better person for it but it still hurts that there is no closure, nothing even when I tried to actually talk to them a year after it happened to hear their side of the story and nothing. However I feel that now I hide my emotions and real feelings from people.

bart416 t1_iucn8eg wrote

If I may be blunt here for a minute: that's kind of a douchebag move on their part, ghosting like that means they were probably never a real friend or have a horrible personality. You might not actually want that person in your life.