Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

pbradley179 t1_itg6z4z wrote

You realise the way you've put all of this doesn't make you seem like a good friend to have though, right?

−23

feetofire t1_itg7qrp wrote

No.

I dont realise this otherwise I wouldn’t put it out.

I’m just not into people who say things that they don’t mean.

Also - when you are at your lowest, you see how people treat you when you have nothing to offer.

I supported “friend” 1 and meant all that I said. She didn’t in the end. Her words, were empty.

I had nothing at all to offer Friend 2 who likewise would have been very justified in explaining to me how she didn’t have time for me - or just not having time for me. Friend 2 didn’t - and I reached out when things were better and thanked her once I realised what she had also been going through.

Anyway - I’m just being honest - it’s the internet so I’ll take whatever comes with it.

Bobbycanbackflip t1_itgh8qh wrote

I understand where you’re coming from. Personally, I can understand why a married woman’s husband may not be comfortable having you in the home despite your circumstances.

Unfortunately, while yes it deprives you of assistance, they have a more complicated and committed relationship and if you ask me as a guest you have to be respectful of that.

People are allowed to assist you as much as they seem fit.

feetofire t1_itgj7oa wrote

To be clear - both her and her husband were once my friends and we had all known each other whilst working overseas. I’ve stayed with my best friend and her husband (who’s also my friend) without issues elsewhere so - eh - dunno.

Anyway - my way of getting by in life is to pretty much have no expectations from anyone other than myself. Anyone actually pulls for me - is a bonus - I’ve been blessed to have genuinely decent people cross my path, but not by design.

Bobbycanbackflip t1_itgjf34 wrote

Yeah, man I know it’s hard. We all got problems. I find on average we find a way to get by, despite all the adversity.

−1