Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

keepthetips t1_iu9olex wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

WickedyWade t1_iu9oqpg wrote

Assuming you remember what order items are in at the store and the store hasn't been moved around at all

Little4inwilly t1_iu9q65i wrote

Why would you pick things according to the order on your shopping list?

TheRealPedr0 t1_iu9ukos wrote

I do this when I make a list for my wife to go pick up. Not sure if she's ever actually noticed, but I do know she never forgets anything I listed lol

ricardo9505 t1_iu9uxp6 wrote

Yeah those mega supermkts in the suburbs are huge compared to here in the city. So I put the produce together, cold cuts, meat, sauces , etc. Cause a lot of my produce I buy at the produce store.

MaximumDerpification t1_iu9yrzg wrote

Write? What is this word you speak of?

My family has a shared Google Keep shopping list, before I go to the store I rearrange the items so they are in order of the store layout, back to front.

PrisonerV t1_iu9z0mz wrote

Use an app like OurGroceries ... I sometimes put the aisle number on there with the item.

askinn2 t1_iu9zkow wrote

Or write the list using your stores app (i.e., Kroger) and it automatically puts it in order when you arrive to the store

nobody-u-heard-of t1_iua22eb wrote

Better yet a lot of major chains have apps that you can build shopping lists in. And the apps will allow you to sort the list by aisle. Some of the apps will even show you where on the aisle to find the item.

xLoafery t1_iuajcls wrote

our store/chain of choice has selfscanners that automatically sort your goods by type/category (Dairy/frozen/vegetables/canned and so on).

Type up your shopping list in the app and it can then be sorted by store layout (and change according to how the store presents the goods).

Very handy

RaB1can t1_iub803i wrote

I separate it into fruit/veggies first, then dairy, then other, meat, frozen, misc. It helps regardless of where you go.

Isonychia t1_iubarrg wrote

I use junk mail envelopes for my lists. I can list our meals on the flap and groceries on the back. I keep the coupons I need inside the envelope. When I get home a tear off the flap with our menu of meals and stick in fridge.

RogerKnights t1_iucvmr0 wrote

Before I switched to getting my groceries delivered, I created a full page master list on my computer organized by aisle. It contained every item on each aisle I’d ever bought or might buy, in three columns. Before shopping I’d print out tt master list and highlight the items I wanted. It reminded me of items I might have forgotten.

SwordTaster t1_iudizug wrote

I write mine as I write down the meals I plan on making first. It's better organised in my head that way. Also, considering how often stores move their inventory around, your tip doesn't work for long