Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dupattaluella t1_iy8rzxj wrote

What's wrong with being punished for making a mistake? Even in Super Mario World, you lose a life if you die. It's a great way to reinforce correct understanding of the language you're trying to learn.

LurkerOrHydralisk t1_iy913jw wrote

It limits the amount of lessons you can do daily.

dupattaluella t1_iy92aqx wrote

Then don't mess up or go faster than you can learn. It's a great way to show someone they need to repeat lessons in order to solidify their understanding.

−7

LurkerOrHydralisk t1_iy94ct9 wrote

Mistakes are a part of learning.

Especially with languages, small mistakes will happen as if gets more complex. Have you ever tried learning another language?

You can right out a two paragraph response, but duo is gonna mark it wrong if you forget an accent grave on the e in après-midi

dupattaluella t1_iy9f906 wrote

As someone in adult education, I'm aware mistakes are part of learning. And having too many mistakes helps show you need to slow down and review what you've already covered as it's not sticking.

LurkerOrHydralisk t1_iy9ge28 wrote

Maybe, but three mistakes in a day’s education is not a lot. Especially when you’re giving hundreds of inputs.

dupattaluella t1_iy9h8vr wrote

For Duolingo it is. It's their app and they make the rules. If you don't like it, don't use it. It's an option you choose to use.

−2

LurkerOrHydralisk t1_iy9iqzw wrote

Now you’re just being rude and difficult.

dupattaluella t1_iy9kj1u wrote

How is it rude to state facts?

LurkerOrHydralisk t1_iy9loga wrote

Wording? You write you’re trying to admonish a child, while completely ignoring the topic at hand.

I said duo isn’t free, and it isn’t. I said mistakes happen in learning, and they do. I said 3 mistakes among hundreds of inputs is a very low failure rate, and you argued.

You’re just being intentionally difficult and argumentative. Goodbye.

dupattaluella t1_iy9m4td wrote

Lol, nope. You read my statements and implied how it was worded. I had no emotion or feeling, just stated facts...facts you didn't like to hear.