Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

elflans74 t1_iyfdpvf wrote

Fill a 16 oz spray bottle with a mixture of 1/4 cup of Blue Dawn, 1 cup of vinegar and if you want a fresh smell a few drops of orange or some other essential oil. Then fill the rest with water. Swirl around and spray the shower. Walk away. In half an hour or so take a big sponge, like a car sponge, wet it, wipe it down and rinse. I usually take my shoes off and get in. Takes a few minutes if you do this once a week.

Two additional tips - use liquid soap when you bathe. There will be much much less soap scum to deal with than with bar soap. And buy a shower curtain like the hotels use with the snap in nylon liner. When you wash your towels snap off the liner and wash it. It will always smell fresh and no mildew will accumulate.

DroolingSlothCarpet t1_iyefgjs wrote

Buy a tub cleaner and follow the directions.

It's really that easy.

Accomplished-Cress72 OP t1_iyey074 wrote

I never knew this existed!! So many options on Amazon! Thank you, this is exactly why I asked!

TammyinOh t1_iyefxhf wrote

I clean the shower while I'm in it, then proceed with bathing, and wipe it dry when I'm done.

Accomplished-Cress72 OP t1_iyeyium wrote

Me and my adhd already struggle just to get in the shower so this one won’t work for me by adding more stuff to do while in there lol. But I like this idea If my brain could handle it.

Ok-Syllabub-6611 t1_iyeh2kw wrote

Spray bleach is amazing for the bath and shower

Almighty_Bidoof424 t1_iyel7zo wrote

Wet and forget. You spray it on after you take a shower the day before and next day everything wipes off easy.

Interesting-Yak9639 t1_iyems2r wrote

I bought the scrub brush cordless drill attachments. Spray foam cleaner, let it set a couple minutes and then let the drill scrub.

Accomplished-Cress72 OP t1_iyeyt7n wrote

Sounds a lot like a comment above about the tub cleaner that is a revolving scrub brush. I like this, probably more affordable and more sturdy than the tub cleaner. I just don’t like the idea of how short the extensions look. Maybe I’ll have to dig a little more, thank you!

keepthetips t1_iyee6vl wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

PrisonerV t1_iyefmqr wrote

Get a good respirator.

Spray foaming bleach.

Wait 15 minutes with fan on.

Wash/scrub wearing respirator.

−1

varadins t1_iyejz7o wrote

I squeegee after every shower.

Accomplished-Cress72 OP t1_iyeycni wrote

Do you spray cleaner or just squeegee? How long until you actually have to clean the shower? I’m assuming squeegee just keeps it cleaner longer?

varadins t1_iyf6lss wrote

It keeps the walls and floor cleaner for MUCH longer. I take the 30 seconds or so to do it. I still clean the fixtures, and wipe everything down once a week but I'm not scrubbing soap scum.