Submitted by Zanowin t3_z8q8d5 in LifeProTips

Instead of giving someone a gift bag that will most likely get thrown away, give your gifts using reusable grocery bags.

They are usually much cheaper than gift bags, they also can come with a pretty designs.

The bag is designed to hold heavier items than the paper ones, so no worries if your gift is heavy.

Also, the grocery bag is a gift in it's self and can be used over and over again.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

JamalBall435 t1_iycpmje wrote

Or just save previously received gift bags and reuse them

PrisonerV t1_iycxjz7 wrote

Yeah, seems obvious. We also reuse the tags.

Shadowlance23 t1_iycpgb2 wrote

Perfect for wrapping the goon bag and Winnie Blues!

BHCaruso t1_iyd8i29 wrote

Yes! I am using cloth bags from an Italian grocery store this Christmas. Great souvenir of our trip, washable, capacious, and very cool.

keepthetips t1_iycnuwq wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

w1n5t0nM1k3y t1_iycpqqu wrote

I tell people all the time we should just wrap presents in newsprint to cut down on waste but people rarely do it.

OrangeinDorne t1_iyct0yb wrote

Back in the early 90s I had an aunt that would wrap presents in the comics from the paper. I always enjoyed that.

kgunnar t1_iycq1rq wrote

YMMV, but my local thrift store will sell big bundles of gift bags that are in like new / nearly new condition. For $2 I already have my Christmas gift bag needs covered.