Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cyberdeath666 t1_ja1osms wrote

MKE_Now t1_ja1pibo wrote

So by the same token if I go up and say “hi I’m ____ congratulations on the wedding” that’s somehow more respectable? Am I not still invading their space and not giving them an easy out to tell me off if they’re not interested in talking?

−5

cyberdeath666 t1_ja1qeu9 wrote

If you think that blatantly manipulating people to get a conversation started is equivalent to being honest and introducing yourself, regardless of the outcome, you might want to re-evaluate. One is lying, the other isn’t. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand. Either way, how about just let them enjoy their night without trying to get your dick wet? They’re not there for you that night, or maybe any other night, especially with the way you feel it’s fine to manipulate them for your own gain.

[deleted] OP t1_ja1qxcs wrote

[deleted]

cyberdeath666 t1_ja1r04v wrote

Tell that to my fiancé dude. I’ve been out of “the game” for a while, and “the game” I played was chess to your checkers.

mintysmellshowntell t1_ja27mr0 wrote

Adding any level of disingenuousness or playing dumb is manipulation. So what you are suggesting is adding a flavor of deceit to what you've just described as "intrusive".

[deleted] OP t1_ja1qvz6 wrote

Don’t even respond to this person lol they probably don’t like comedy shows because all the stories aren’t “real” and they’re manipulating the crowd into laughing

MKE_Now t1_ja1r5ra wrote

Seriously, a little breaking the ice tip and all of a sudden it makes me Mystery from VH1s “The Pickup Artist”… dude whatever you do after this is your business, it’s not about trying to have a one night stand.