Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

thefourthchime t1_j8zzjaf wrote

Hey, I totally get it - sometimes you're just not in the mood to chat. It happens to all of us! If you want to avoid small talk, there are a few things you can try.

First, you can give a friendly greeting and then quickly excuse yourself. Maybe say something like "Hey, good to see you! Sorry, I gotta run."

If that doesn't work, you can always say you're busy. Like, "I wish I could chat, but I've got a ton of stuff to do right now."

Another option is to change the subject. Maybe ask them about something interesting going on in their life, or mention something you're excited about.

And if all else fails, you can just be honest and tell them you're not really in the mood to talk right now. It might be a little awkward, but at least you'll be true to yourself!

Just remember to be respectful and kind in whatever approach you take. Good luck!

MackeyH t1_j903l7m wrote

Thank you ChatGPT

thefourthchime t1_j9053rg wrote

Yep!

I was wondering how obvious it was. There you go!

(or am I still a bot???)

MackeyH t1_j905lfj wrote

It really wasn't that obvious. I just ran the same question through ChatGPT and got a similar answer. You just beat me to it!

thefourthchime t1_j906gix wrote

There’s a certain formality and professionalism that it brings that is just uncanny. even when you tell it to be fun, it’s still sort of like a robot.