Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

underPanther t1_jdho40y wrote

I wonder if it's because the author-reviewer discussion period wasn't so clearly communicated at ICML this year compared to those conferences.

ILOVETOCONBANDITS t1_jdhsca0 wrote

Do you guys think it would be worth to make an official comment reminding the reviewers to respond or asking the AC to do something?

StellaAthena t1_jdi094w wrote

I just posted in response to each reviewer:

> Thank you for taking the time to review our work. We have carefully considered your comments and have provided a thorough rebuttal addressing your concerns. If you feel that your comments have been adequately addressed, we would greatly appreciate it if you could update your score to reflect that. We are also more than happy to continue this conversation over the next few days until the March 26th deadline.

I submitted several papers, all of which got borderline scores (average between 4.3 and 5.3), though one got 7 / 7 / 2 (yikes!). I had been hopeful that a strong rebuttal could judge one of them over the line, but the longer it goes without any response or updates the more discouraged I get.

passerby251 t1_jdiao3b wrote

I think reminding could work. I finally receive my first response only after posting reminding comments to each reviewer. Hope the other responses would come in soon. Good luck!

zy415 OP t1_jdispob wrote

Do you think sending multiple reminders could urge them to respond (or would it make it sound like I am too desperate/demanding)? I sent one yesterday, and am thinking if I should send another tonight.

passerby251 t1_jdiusxb wrote

I am not quite sure about it. Sending multiple times seems a bit demanding. But I think it would be fine to send another one when it is closer to the deadlines.

OkWrongdoer4091 t1_jdy2tmx wrote

Two days from the end of the discussion period, have all the reviewers answered?

StellaAthena t1_jdydjg4 wrote

I have four papers. Two have no comments, one has all three reviewers say “thanks but I’ll keep my score” with no further elaboration. The 7/7/2 paper had the 2 and one of the 7s argue and the third reviewer remained silent. All tolled, 5/12 responded.

OkWrongdoer4091 t1_jdytmme wrote

Let's see what happens next. Given that the reviews were released later than the deadline (at least for me), maybe there will be late responses to the rebuttals

zy415 OP t1_jdhzcrf wrote

Definite worth reminding the reviewers to respond